Privacy Notice for California Customers
CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The list below shows the categories of personal information we have collected over the last twelve (12) months. It also shows the categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose over the last twelve (12) months.
• Category A — Identifiers.
o Examples: Name, alias, postal address, Internet Protocol address, email address.
• Category B — Categories described in Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e).
o Examples: Name, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number.
• Category F — Internet or other similar network activity.
o Examples: Information on a consumer interaction with the website, browser information.
• Category G — Geolocation data.
o Example: Internet Protocol address
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
• Indirectly from website visitors (www.snapshades.us) that automatically give us information when connecting to our site. This typically comes from the connection itself and the web browser.
• Directly from personal information submitted. Examples of this include placing an order, entering the guest checkout, creating an account, signing up for the newsletter, joining a contest, or signing up for product updates.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
BD Innovation Collective uses or discloses personal information to service providers for one or more of the following business purposes:
• To fill the direct reason the information was collected.
• Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
• Improve our services.
• Testing, research and product development.
• As otherwise described during collection of personal information.
• Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting and verifying ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
• Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
• Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
• Short-term, transient use, where personal information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about a consumer or otherwise alter an individual consumer’s experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
• Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
• Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business.
• To evaluate or conduct a merger, acquisition, restructuring, dissolution or other sale or transfer of assets either as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy or similar.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SOLD
BD Innovation Collective does not sell any California consumers’ personal information.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER RIGHTS:
A consumer shall have the right to request that a business that collects personal information about the consumer disclose to the consumer the following:
• The categories of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
• The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
• The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
• The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
• The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
A consumer shall have the right to request that a business that sells the consumer’s personal information, or that discloses it for a business purpose, disclose to that consumer:
• The categories of personal information that the business collected about the consumer.
• The categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
• The categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose.
A consumer shall have the right to request that a business delete any personal information about the consumer that the business has collected from the consumer.
Note: A business or a service provider shall not be required to comply with a consumer’s request to delete if it is necessary for the business in order to:
• Complete a transaction, provide a good or service requested by the consumer, or reasonably anticipated within the context of a business’s ongoing business relationship with the consumer, or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer.
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
• Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act, specifically Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
• To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer’s relationship with the business.
• Comply with a legal obligation.
• Otherwise use the consumer’s personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
EXCERCISING CCPA RIGHTS
In order to exercise any of the above rights from the CCPA please email BD Innovation Collective at [email protected] to let us know that you are making a California consumer rights request.
• Make sure to provide enough information to allow us to verify you are the person about whom we have collected personal information.
• Describe the request in detail so we can properly respond to it.
Please note: A business shall not discriminate against a consumer because the consumer exercised any of the consumer’s rights.
Consistent with the California provision of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a user is under the age of 18 and has registered with BD Innovation Collective without prior verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her personally identifiable information from our files. Please note that we nevertheless maintain a record of that person’s name and address in a “do not register” file to avoid subsequent registration by a child under the age of 18. By using this website, you agree to respond truthfully and accurately about your age. Children under the age of 18 years are expressly prohibited from submitting or providing any personal information on the site.
SEVERABILITY, AMENDMENT, CONTACT US
The provisions of this privacy notice are severable. If any provision of this notice or its application is held invalid, that invalidity shall not affect other provisions or applications that can be given effect without the invalid provision or application.
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at any time. The date this notice went into effect and the date of last revision display on the bottom of the page.
If you have any comments or questions about this notice, please contact us at: [email protected]
Effective Date: 01/01/2020
Last Revision: 01/01/2020